Have you experienced emetophobia? I am starting a new chat for people with emetophobia to share their experiences and discuss the book ‘Cure Your Emetophobia and Thrive’ by Rob Kelly.
The first one will be taking place on Tuesday 5th September and will be a chance to introduce yourself and talk about how the chats are going to go.
I’m not planning on asking set questions, so it won’t be quite like other Twitter chats. Instead, I’ll get the conversation started and then help to keep it flowing.
A couple of things to bear in mind:
- #ChatEmet is not a substitute for counselling or any other medical treatment. We’re not experts; we’re just here to share our experiences and discuss the book.
- Please be mindful of the language you use. Some sufferers are triggered by words relating to vomiting. At the start of each chat I’d like everyone to say what they’re comfortable with so we can all work together to make it a safe space.
- Please don’t be embarrassed. This is a safe, supportive space. We are all in the same boat and we’re here to help each other. At no point will anyone make you feel silly.
- That said, there are always trolls online, so you have my promise that I will do all I can to deflect any negative comments.
- I want your feedback! If you want to do anything differently, please let me know. This is all for you – I’m just here to get the ball rolling and act as a moderator of sorts.
I look forward to chatting to you on 5th September. Let’s tackle emetophobia together!