I was very excited to be nominated for this by the lovely Hannah Leanne (find her blog here!)
I’m still a blogging newbie, and this sort of thing was a first for me, so thank you very much for including me!
The whole idea is to discover new blogs and spread the word about your favourite bloggers. Plus, you’ll get to learn a bit more about me in the process (you lucky things!)
Here’s what you have to do:
- Thank the blogger for your nomination and include a link to their page.
- Answer the 11 questions that have been provided by the blogger that nominated you.
- Nominate 11 of your own bloggers to take part.
- Ask them 11 of your own questions.
Here we go!
1. What is your most prized possession?
It’s so hard to choose, so I’ve listed a few:
- A beautiful framed photo of my grandparents when they were young. They look like the stars of an old black and white movie, and I’ve loved that picture since I was a little girl. Now it sits proudly in my living room.
- A heart necklace my grandmother made.
- My engagement and wedding rings.
- My laptop as it houses all of my photos.
I sort of cheated a bit there didn’t I?
2. Why did you start blogging?
I’ve always loved writing, and have blogged in various forms since I was a teenager, originally on Livejournal, followed by a brief but shameful foray into the emo world of Myspace blogs. Seriously, I’m truly embarrassed by the things I used to not only write, but publish for all the world to see. I have all the original blogs saved on an old hard drive, maybe one day I’ll dig back through the archives and do a little nostalgia post! Now though, blogging for me is less about dumping every ‘profound’ thought onto a page and hitting publish, and more about building my brand (pardon the slightly douchey turn of phrase!), and having my own little place on the internet. I want it to be fun, but I also want to talk about the things that are important to me, and hopefully meet interesting people along the way.
3. How long have you been blogging for?
I started Geek Magnifique in May 2015, but see above for a more detailed history of my blogging exploits!
4. What is your favourite film?
How can I even answer this? I’m obsessed with films, and I find it impossible to narrow it down to just one favourite. So you’re getting another list (sorry).
– The Parent Trap (remake). Hands down my favourite movie as a kid, it still has a special place in my heart.
– The Dark Knight. The day I told my husband this was in my top-five films of all time was probably the day he decided he was going to marry me. Not even joking. Christopher Nolan can basically do no wrong in my book, but this is, IMO, his best film. Visually it’s incredible, the sound design and Hans Zimmer’s score are perfect (something which can be said of all Nolan’s films), and while the acting all-round is amazing, Heath Ledger was nothing short of spectacular as the Joker. I could write an entire essay on this movie, but I won’t. I can practically hear your sigh of relief. 10/10 and all the gold stars for this one.
– The Social Network. Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield. David Fincher. Aaron Sorkin’s razor-sharp screenplay. Jesse Eisenberg (so good in this movie he gets a second mention). Whether or not the film is entirely factually accurate, it adds real human drama and depth to arguably one of the most incredible success stories of our generation. Captivating, entertaining, and set to a fantastic soundtrack by Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor.
– Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. I obviously had to include a Star Trek film, and this one has always been my favourite.
– I had to include a girly film in this list, and it’s a real toss-up between Notting Hill, 13 Going On 30, and Morning Glory (an unfortunately named and sadly underrated Rachel McAdams film – definitely worth a watch!)
Once again I cheated terribly at this question, I apologise.
5. How old are you?
28, aka a reluctant member of the ‘late-twenties’ club. Genuinely had a little cry in Costa on my birthday. So that’s where I’m at with this adulting malarkey.
6. What is your most treasured memory?
My wedding day.
7. Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time?
Writing a book and visiting Scandinavia.
8. What was your last purchase?
Disclaimer by Renée Knight. I haven’t started reading it yet, but it has an intriguing premise.
9. Do you have any pets?
Sadly no, but I desperately want a kitten.
10. What is your favourite type of blog to read?
11. What is your favourite season?
So now I have to pick my own questions…
- Which country would you most like to visit and why?
- What has been the biggest challenge for your blog so far?
- What are your blogging goals for 2016?
- If you could keep any animal as a pet, which would you choose?
- What is your favourite TV show?
- What is your dream job?
- Would you rather be covered in hair all over, or feathers?
- What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- What’s your worst writing habit? (eg. overusing exclamation marks -guilty!)
- If you could speak another language fluently which would it be and why?
- If you could be exceptional at one other thing, what would be it?